Our club has accepted an invitation from Camberwell Camera Club to join with 9 other clubs in a inter-club human portrait competition.
The ten clubs competing in the 2020 competition are:
• Eastern Suburbs
• Eastern Suburbs
NOTE: If you are a member of more than one of the above clubs, you are only able to represent one club in this competition…. we would love you to choose Berwick!
Subject Categories The three competition categories are detailed below. Clubs may select up to 10 entries from their members for each of the three categories (i.e. 30 images in total). Only two entries are permitted per club member in the total competition. For this years competition there is no restriction on the age of the image. Future competitions will be restricted to images being no more than 2 years old.
A. Single person portrait
• Photograph contains one person only as the main element of the image. For example, the subject person standing in front of a grandstand of football supports would still qualify, provided that it is a portrait of only that person and the people in the grandstand are residual elements only.
• May be a full or partial body.
• Does not have to include the face.
B. Two or more people
• Photograph contains two or more people in the same image as the main elements of the image (refer to the note above regarding the concept of “main element”).
• May be full or partial bodies.
• Does not have to include faces.
C. Abstract/Creative portraiture
• We are not even going to try to define this category and so let your creative spirit free and experiment! Just remember that the overarching topic is still human portraiture.
• Images entered in this category cannot include images entered in other categories, even if substantially reedited.
• Polyptychs (diptychs, triptychs, etc) are permitted in this category only.
All entries must be submitted online to our club competition site by 25th April 2020. Our print stewards will then decide which images will be entered into the competition.
NOTE: this competition has yet to be loaded onto our website, so in the meantime, please prepare the images you would like to enter and I will advise when the site is ready for images to be loaded.
There are NO entries fees payable for this competition.
The competition judging and awards night will be held at the MGA (860 Ferntree Gully Road, Wheelers Hill) at 7.30pm Monday 22 June 2020. All club members are welcome to attend the presentation night, which will also include discussion by the judges.
IMAGE SIZE: Images should be sized as per the normal club AGG rules for EDPI images.
The judges will make the following awards:
a) For the club receiving the most points overall the prize will be a certificate and a digital banner for their website and newsletter.
b) For the top image in each category (“First Place Image”), the prize will be a certificate and a mounted print of their photograph in A3 size*.
c) For the second-best image in each category (“Second Place Image”), the prize will be a certificate and a mounted print of their photograph in A3 size*.
d) For a limited number of additional images in each category of exceptional standing (“Highly Commended”), the prize will be a certificate.
* Note: the winning images will be displayed at the Monash Gallery of Art for a limited number of weeks after the awards ceremony, following which the winners may take possession.